Wednesday, 15 January 2014

The New Year Project: What Do You Do To Take Care of Yourself?


Wow, can you believe we're halfway through The New Year Project already? I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's participated so far. It's been such a privilege to read your goals/dreams/thoughts, and being inspired by your words.

Just a quick one today from me ladies, as I'm not feeling very well. I think I may have spent far too much time out in the sun today while looking after kiddies at work. Since I'm not 100% at the moment, I've decided to pass on exercise for the day. How odd though, I'm quite surprised that I'm missing it!

I only started exercising regularly towards the end of last year. Nothing too hard, just brisk half hour walks, 3 times a week at the most. When I had time off from work in December, I decided to increase it to 5 times a week, with a little more intensity, and I've already started to see the difference.

At first I did it solely to lose weight, but now I find that I'm doing it more for emotional reasons. A few days ago, I was feeling a little glum, and the only thing that I felt like doing was going for a walk. It seemed odd to me at the time, since A.) I'm the laziest person that I know, and B.) since I get recurrent depression, I tend to find solace in sleep. It's one thing knowing the science behind it, but to actually feel it working is awesome. I never really understood why some people are so enthusiastic about exercise until now.

What do you do to take care of yourself?



take care,



Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest | Instagram

6 comments:

  1. You sound like me. My depressions comes in waves and I know I need to exercise to feel better emotionally but I'm so lazy. And when your depressed the last thing you want to do is get up and workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and exercise have a love/hate relationship. I'm really lazy, too so when I get an urge to exercise I know I have to take it. Usually the urge comes when I get angry haha whatever works, I guess!
    Hope you feel better, love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exercising and eating healthy has recently become a big part of my life. It's true that whem you get into it you actually WANT to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know right! It's so frustrating. I always end up thinking, "What's the point?" when I'm depressed. Thankfully I manage to get out of it every time. I hope you haven't had an 'episode' in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks gorgeous :) feeling better today hooray! Haha yeah I should take up tae-kwon-do again. Felt awesome to legally kick people when I felt angry. I just didn't like being kicked back :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fantastic Neisha! I'll have to work on the eating healthy part as soon as I've got the exercising part fully incorporated into my routine. :)

    ReplyDelete