Monday, 20 January 2014

The New Year Project: This Time Next Year


Hi! I hope you guys had a good weekend. Please excuse me for the very short post, I've been out of town for work for the weekend, and going practically cross-eyed from being on day 8 of my working week. Four more days to go. I've got this! I think...

This time next year, I want to look back and be proud that I:

* have gotten more self-confident.
* finally sat down and wrote a novel.
* got to know myself a little better.
* am more comfortable to think/say nice things about myself.
* procrastinate less.
* have achieved either my goal of halving my wardrobe or my library, or both.
* crossed off at least 40 things from my 101 in 1001 list.
* I've either lost 10kgs or have gone down 2 dress sizes.

By this time next year, what do you want to look back on and be proud of?

p.s. I owe quite a few of you emails, replies and visits. I promise I'll get around to it within the next couple of days.


take care,



Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest | Instagram

9 comments:

  1. Fatima Bibi Kholwadia20 January 2014 at 23:34

    I cannot wait to read your novel! :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a website where you can write a letter to your future self and have it be emailed to you by a certain date. You should try that. I have done it and its interesting to see if pop up and think back about what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly21 January 2014 at 07:35

    Good luck in making your goals this year. I'm going to be simple and say "accomplished a lot of things from my 101 in 1001".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've heard about that one before! Thanks for letting me know. :) I went a little old school and placed the letter in an envelope, and wrote a note at the end of my diary for this year to make a note on my next diary about the letter, and so on until I reach 2023. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha fair enough! :) Good luck with yours too! How are you going so far?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 12 work days in a row? That's insane,Toni! Take care of yourself! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly22 January 2014 at 06:27

    Thanks. So far so good. I have managed to cross a few things off and made progress on quite a few others. :)

    PS I just watched this video that reminded me of your post on 'where are you from'. Thought you might like it: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=467298573353359

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know right! Ah well it wasn't so bad over the weekend, the boss took us out of town for some training and a waterfall cruise. But I definitely can't wait for the weekend! Thanks LuAnn :D

    ReplyDelete