Wednesday, 29 January 2014

The New Year Project: She Brings Out the Best in Me


My mother is the most inspiring person I have ever met, and I don't care how cheesy that sounds. She is so selfless, so forgiving. I often tell her that I can't believe how she can just shrug off and forgive some of the wrongs that have been done to her. And the things she's done and continues to do for me! Some of the sacrifices she's made just completely blow me away. I feel incredibly lucky to have a mother like her, and can only hope to be the same mother to my future children. 

I guess the most important thing for this part of the project is to remember and express our gratitude for the people that make us want to be better persons, the ones that inspire us to be the best that we can be. 

Who brings out the best in you?


take care,



Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest | Instagram

6 comments:

  1. A mother's love runs so deep that it's nothing for us to open our hearts, even if it's been hurt before. To be honest, this has always been my motivation. My sons have hurt my feelings, but I'd never let them know that. Sometimes you wonder if anyone notices the sacrifices you make. But to answer your question, my kids bring out the best in me. They have taught me to be selfless and more patient and more forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you have such a great relationship with your mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same about my mom.. but all my friends also inspire me in different ways. :) one of my girlfriends has transformed into a wonderful mom.. and it's just so cool to see her change and make sacrifices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUZZAH, Mrs. Toni's mom! You have a great daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bri, if it's any consolation, they'll probably realise it some day. I overheard my mother and her sister talking the other day about us "kids", and how my cousins and I eventually came to our senses and figured out just how much our mothers have done for us, and how we were such little shits back then. :P Err... took us to get into our early 20s before realising though. *sheepish grin*

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha same here.. that's why we're not having kids yet. :P

    ReplyDelete