Thursday, 23 January 2014

The New Year Project: A Progress Report of Sorts


Wow, we're down to the last 7 days of The New Year Project! Again, thank you so much to everyone who's participated. You guys rock! I hope you've enjoyed this as much as I have. I've learned quite a bit from reading your thoughts, and some of your points have made me really think. Thanks again guys!

Seeing as it's 3 weeks into the New Year, I thought it was a good time to look at how we're doing so far with our resolutions/goals. I mentioned at the start that my main resolution was to downsize and declutter. So far, I've managed to sell about 9 things, clear out one rubbish bag full of, well, rubbish, and donate half a sack full of clothes. It feels like I haven't made a dent, so fingers crossed I can see more progress by the end of next month.

In order to help with the downsizing and decluttering, I'm also trying not to buy anything non-essential. Which also helps me save up for my trip next year, so win-win! So far, I've gone 14 days without buying anything non-essential. To someone who's actually addicted to shopping, that's pretty hard (as shallow as it might sound). So I'm giving myself a pat on the back. Sometimes I actually feel like I'm going through withdrawals - I'd deliberately leave my wallet behind and go into a store, and I'd actually feel my heart start racing and my palms get clammy. Sheesh! Talk about torturing myself pointlessly.

And since we're on the subject of goals, I asked Lindsay over at Wedding Rings to Teething Rings on what she's learned so far with regards to her goal of making her home/work/social life as stress free as possible. Here's what she told me:


How are you doing with your resolutions so far?



take care,



Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest | Instagram

1 comment: