Monday, 27 January 2014

The New Year Project: Keeping My Eyes on the Prize


I find it hard to stay on track whenever I set myself goals. No matter what I do, it feels like it takes all of my willpower to stick to something. I know it's because of my laziness. So, since I really want to make the change and finally grow up, here's what I plan to do:

1. Divide my goal into smaller, easily achievable ones, with deadlines. I guess that way it won't look so hard, and I'll feel like I'm actually making a dent.

2. Remember why I started in the first place. There's a reason why I wanted things to change in the first place, maybe looking back and remembering why I set the goal/resolution in place will get me motivated again.

3. Look at my progress and see how far I've come. If I follow the first step, I'll actually be able to see that I'm getting somewhere!

4. Practice patience. Understand that it takes time. Ok, this one I kind of need help with, since patience was never my strong suit. Any advice?

5. Get some support. Talk to someone about it. Hey LuAnn, I'm looking at you! Hehe... Kidding aside though, I think if I just picked up the phone and talked to someone about how much I don't want to go for that exercise, they'll be able to tell me to get off my butt and do it because it's good for me.

6. Get some inspiration. If I can find people that have done it before, surely I can do it too. Hello, Pinterest!

7. Lastly, I'll just do it. Even if I have to force myself to. I know I'll be more proud of myself afterwards if I just did whatever needed doing, and I won't feel ashamed and angry with myself for yet again leaving something unfinished.

What will you do when you're starting to lose focus on your resolutions?

And because I mentioned Pinterest and inspiration earlier, I'm using that as a little segue to share with you how Lindsay over at Wedding Rings to Teething Rings gets inspired for her crafts: 




take care,



Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest | Instagram

5 comments:

  1. I agree that it's best to break large goals into smaller, more attainable pieces. If someone had to lose 100 lbs, it would seem insurmountable unless they said Hey, I'm going to start with 25 lbs. Great meeting you and thanks for stopping by, too.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am great at breaking big goals into smaller ones. I have a hard time getting going once that process is done. Now I just need to find someone that needs help breaking up their goals in exchange for kicking my *ahem* I mean encouraging me to take that first action step. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post sounds like me. You sound just like me. I need to take some of this advice like seriously. Breaking the bigger goals into smaller ones. That's what I need to do. (in regards to working out)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great tips. I am also the kind of gal that can have trouble keeping my goals in check and following through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey everybody, Chocolate Box, whatever. This is confusing. I am trying to participate in the blog hop. My link is http://kinggalaxius.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete