I find it hard to stay on track whenever I set myself goals. No matter what I do, it feels like it takes all of my willpower to stick to something. I know it's because of my laziness. So, since I really want to make the change and finally grow up, here's what I plan to do:
1. Divide my goal into smaller, easily achievable ones, with deadlines. I guess that way it won't look so hard, and I'll feel like I'm actually making a dent.
2. Remember why I started in the first place. There's a reason why I wanted things to change in the first place, maybe looking back and remembering why I set the goal/resolution in place will get me motivated again.
3. Look at my progress and see how far I've come. If I follow the first step, I'll actually be able to see that I'm getting somewhere!
4. Practice patience. Understand that it takes time. Ok, this one I kind of need help with, since patience was never my strong suit. Any advice?
5. Get some support. Talk to someone about it. Hey LuAnn, I'm looking at you! Hehe... Kidding aside though, I think if I just picked up the phone and talked to someone about how much I don't want to go for that exercise, they'll be able to tell me to get off my butt and do it because it's good for me.
6. Get some inspiration. If I can find people that have done it before, surely I can do it too. Hello, Pinterest!
7. Lastly, I'll just do it. Even if I have to force myself to. I know I'll be more proud of myself afterwards if I just did whatever needed doing, and I won't feel ashamed and angry with myself for yet again leaving something unfinished.
What will you do when you're starting to lose focus on your resolutions?
And because I mentioned Pinterest and inspiration earlier, I'm using that as a little segue to share with you how Lindsay over at Wedding Rings to Teething Rings gets inspired for her crafts: