Monday, 13 January 2014

The New Year Project: Enjoy The Little Things


Hello! I hope you guys had a great weekend. It's been quite nice and sunny here for once! Our summer has been a rather wet one so far.

For today's topic, if you're unsure what writing in a stream of consciousness means, here's some helpful advice from wikiHow. As with writing in a stream of consciousness, it means no editing, so please excuse the amount of times I mention food. I may have been peckish at the time of writing.

When I wrote mine, I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, looked for a nice quiet spot and scribbled away until I ran out of space. Here's what I came up with:

The smell of coffee. The feel of my favourite pillow against my skin. The sun shining on me while a gentle breeze cools off the heat. A baby's smile and laughter. Puppies and kittens. The sound of rain falling. Music from a violin. A pen in my hand. A blank journal waiting to be filled. Buying stationery. The feel of silky fabric against my skin. A warm shower. Thick carpet under my toes. Hugs and kisses. Being held by a lover. Sitting outside in the sunshine. Comfort food. The taste of rich chocolate on my tongue. My favourite upbeat songs. My cat curling up against me. Mail. Shopping. Coffee with a friend. A really good conversation. Freshly baked goodies. Hot chocolate on a dreary day. Pretty pictures. His eyes. Taking photographs. Compliments. A great song on the radio. The wind in my hair. The beach. Seals. Swimming with dolphins. Curling up in bed. Reading. Writing. Peaceful silence. Cake. Seeing new sights. Wrapping presents. Pretty paper. Ribbons. Making pretty things. Blogging. Dancing. Watching Disney movies. Floating in water while looking up at the sky. Singing loudly when no one is around. Feeling blessed. Realising I have so many things to be grateful for.

I don't know about you, but I felt nice, warm and fuzzy inside after writing mine. I hope you guys have a great week!

What gives you the warm fuzzies?



take care,



Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest | Instagram

9 comments:

  1. btw did you make that above graphic? :) i'm trying to teach myself how to draw on the computer... but i have yet to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, not even new Kitkat flavours? I'm horrified. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I did! It's with an app called Rhonna Designs. And I highly recommend a graphics tablet if you haven't got one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes to heating blanket! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done one of these before, but not in a long time. Sometimes it's good to get all those feelings and thoughts out on paper. When I get stressed or overwhelmed with life and things I need to do I write them all down and then prioritize so I can take them one step at a time. Where are you? It's dead of winter here in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly14 January 2014 at 08:01

    I wish it was sunny here. We got it for a few days, then of course today was cloudy wet and dreary (typical for this part of Germany this time of year so I am not really surprised lol).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in New Zealand, so we're in the middle of summer. It's been a bit of a cold one for us though. I'm crossing my fingers the rest of the summer stays warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it's stopped raining for you guys! I've only ever experienced summer in Germany. It wasn't so bad from what I remember (it even rained a few times), but I could not stand the heat in France. It was ridiculously dry, I felt like I was being baked alive!

    ReplyDelete