Wednesday, 8 January 2014

New Year Project: On Change

words by Epictetus

I have several competing emotions that rise up whenever I am about to embark on a drastic change. Excitement, terror, optimism, nervousness. As you'd know from experience, change can be frightening and uncertainty is never pleasant. Since security is one of the most basic things a human being needs, to feel uncertain is to feel fear.

It always comes back to fear doesn't it, the things that hold us back?

This year, I plan on coping with the changes I've decided to make in my life by having complete faith in myself. I also intend to keep track of my progress on a regular basis. I also need to understand that to be able to make my life better, then I have to embrace change. I think the most effective way to do this is to decide on the person I want to become, and work towards being that person.

How do you feel about change? How do you cope/adjust to change?



take care,



Follow me on: Bloglovin' | Twitter | Facebook | Google + | Pinterest | Instagram


3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Keeping yourself positive is the best way to be successful..I struggle with anxiety through new phases, but am determined to stay calm this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely have faith in yourself, you can achieve anything you set your mind to!

    Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for a Liebster today http://flyingonarainbow.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'm looking into the not-too-distant future and tell me what I see! I have complete faith in your ability to change anything you want!

    ReplyDelete