Thursday, 5 December 2013

Christmas Spectacular: This Christmas I Will...


Do you normally have a set plan for Christmas every year? Ever since I moved to New Zealand, Christmas has ended up to be a slightly disorganised affair. By that I mean, we never have real plans. At least, not like we used to back in the Philippines, where we usually spent Christmas Day with our entire family.

Since my mother and I live 4 hours away from our only relatives in New Zealand, it's not really convenient for either family to come visit. This year though, we'll be seeing them just a few days after Christmas. I haven't seen my cousin's son in a few years, so I'm looking forward to seeing how big he's grown. Last time I saw him, he was only learning to crawl!

I'm quite excited, since I get roughly a month off work. It's the first time in 10 years that I'm not working in retail during Christmas! It still hasn't quite sunk in yet. I've been excitedly writing things I want to do, mentally noting which books I want to read during my time off, and which crafts on Pinterest I want to work on. 15 days to go until my first taste of retail-free freedom!

Do you get time off this year? How are you planning on spending it?

Don't forget to link up below, then enter your link in the Rafflecopter form for 10 more entries to win $60 in Paypal cash or a voucher from either Amazon or Modcloth! You can get 5 more entries for tweeting about the Christmas Spectacular too.

Christmas Spectacular


take care,



9 comments:

  1. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly5 December 2013 at 09:53

    I don't have real plans for Christmas yet. I'll be sharing a recipe for something I will probably make. That's nice that you have so long off (retail during the holidays is...not so fun) and that you have plans for using it well. I get a couple weeks between classes so I am planning on spending it similarly, reading some books, maybe doing some projects, and probably trying to get ahead some on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just finished making a Christmas itinerary for my family. That way they know where I'll be and when. The joys of traveling home for the holidays and having divorced parents. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. I'm so glad my dad doesn't expect me to go all the way home to the Philippines! Wishing you safe travels Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, tell me about it. I'm practically a wreck by the time the second week of December hits. I'm truly glad I no longer work in retail, since I think I've lost the passion for it. Fingers crossed we can both do everything we want to do during our breaks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly6 December 2013 at 11:52

    I am glad I don't also. I do have stories from those days though lol. I actually need to get around to posting the novella I have as an eBook (it used to be on a Blogger blog and I took it down) and writing the prequel to it, which is holiday themed. Maybe I'll finish it in time for next year. I can add it to my 101 in 1001 which I've still got about 1/4 to come up with. Yes. Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. First I want to finish the books on my currently reading list, and then I want to look at re-reading The Hunger Games. Then there's The Children's Book by A.S. Byatt, Terry Pratchett's Raising Steam, Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer... I'm probably stretching it too far, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crossing my fingers for you too! I'm really looking forward to getting time off. I want to sit down and look at what I can start doing with my 101 in 1001 list. I've only done 1 out of 3 parts of 1 thing off my list! >_< let me know when your novella is available. I'd love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly8 December 2013 at 13:46

    Thanks. Me too. I realized that the new semester starts on my birthday :( But I have almost a month off between :) I have done a few things already on my list but I haven't finished writing it yet lol. I still need about 20 more things. Will do :-)

    ReplyDelete