Friday, 13 December 2013

Christmas Spectacular: Holiday Tunes To Get You In The Mood


My sincerest apologies for Thursday's post not coming up and Friday's being late! To think it's the last day of the Christmas Spectacular! An emergency came up, and I had to go out of town. Back now, and madly trying to catch up on everything. In order to make it up to you guys, I'm extending the Christmas Spectacular giveaway for another 2 days! This will give those that missed out on additional points for posting and tweeting time to catch up on the 2 days that they weren't able to.


Anyway, if you're not feeling the spirit of Christmas just yet (how could you not?!), have a look at this video that Chantelle over at Fatmumslim shared on her Facebook page.


And, here are some of the tunes that I will be listening to when I bake Christmas cookies! I've also been listening to them while I've been wrapping presents at work. Yes, I love wrapping presents so much, I've actually volunteered to wrap my colleagues' presents for them. My boss is the bees knees.

She & Him - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
How could I not have known that Zooey Deschanel also sings? If I had a girl crush, it'd be this amazing chick.


Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You
This has got to be my Christmas anthem. I also loved hearing that little girl sing this song in the movie "Love Actually" - which is also my favourite movies to watch for Christmas. Just some fun facts: the guy who has a thing for Kiera Knightley in the movie look familiar to you? It's Rick from The Walking Dead. Oh, and I sort of met Bill Nighey a few years ago. Just saying. ;)


Brian McKnight - Most Wonderful Time of the Year
This guy is amazing live. You might remember him from the song, "6, 8, 12" that used to play again and again about 15 years ago. I still tear up a little whenever I hear that song.


Michael Buble - Santa Baby
The original version of Santa Baby drives me nuts. I actually have to leave a store if that comes on, or put my earphones on, do ANYTHING to make it stop. But, this version of Michael Buble's makes me smile. Love the alternate lyrics. "Cha-ching". ;)


Norah Jones and Willie Nelson - Baby It's Cold Outside
Love, love, love this version. Lady Gaga & Joseph Gordon-Levitt's version was pretty nice too. Avoid Olivia Newton John and John Travolta's version, it gave me the heebie jeebies.


What's your Christmas playlist like? I try and keep mine as upbeat as possible. And what about movies/tv shows? Do you have a particular movie/episode that you watch every year?

Don't forget to link up below, then enter your link in the Rafflecopter form for 10 more entries to win $60 in Paypal cash or a voucher from either Amazon or Modcloth! You can get 5 more entries for tweeting about the Christmas Spectacular too.

Christmas Spectacular


take care,




5 comments:

  1. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly14 December 2013 at 02:41

    That WestJet video was pretty cute. I feel like I have seen Love Actually but it had to have been a long time ago. That little kid in it is in Game of Thrones now. I didn't know Zooey Deschanel sings. I like her rendition of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas a little better than Rockin Around the Chirstmas Tree though. Couldn't get Baby It's Cold Outside to play in Germany but I looked up the JGL version of it. Pretty good. Then I spent way too long flipping through other JGL songs and discovered he has a company called HitRECord which is for collaborations with different artists including writers, so I am looking forward to checking that out more after finals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah that's right he's Jojen Reed! I knew I'd seen him somewhere but couldn't remember which movie.


    Argh yeah JGL is so talented. Have you also seen his book The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories?


    Good luck with finals! And good luck with studying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly16 December 2013 at 02:48

    Haha yeah.


    I haven't read it yet, but yeah I saw it on HitRECord actually. It was put together with submissions from people there, and then a book publisher bought a three book contract to republish the first one plus two more. The third one apparently came out this year. Pretty cool. If they're going to keep going with it I wouldn't mind trying my hand at a tiny story next year :)


    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha yeah a friend of mine said she'll only be flying with westjet from now on during the holiday season :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly19 December 2013 at 11:02

    Cool. I haven't gotten to be on it took much with finals but I'm looking forward to checking it out more soon.

    ReplyDelete