Monday, 9 December 2013

Christmas Spectacular: Gingerbread Love!


Hi! Did you have a good weekend? Mine just completely flew past me! I had been planning on baking and taking photos, but couldn't squeeze it into the schedule. So... I cheated and took a picture of a pre-made gingerbread man. Isn't he so cute?

I don't quite know where this love of gingerbread came from, as it's not really a traditional part of Christmas in the Philippines. And, even though I've been living in New Zealand for more than a decade, it was never really my thing. Until last month! I've gone gingerbread crazy! Gingerbread cookies, ginger bread latte, gingerbread loaf... even the Ginger Sparkle collection from The Body Shop! Seriously, I smell like a gingerbread cookie factory on most days.

The recipe I was planning on trying out was the one from the Kikki-K blog. I'll most probably try them once I'm on holiday. 13 more days. Can't wait!

So, while I've been cramming myself full of gingerbread cookies, I asked my lovely co-host Susannah and fantastic sponsors Kat and Amanda which Christmas flavours and scents they adore. See what they had to say!



What about you? What's your favourite Christmas scent or flavour?

Don't forget to link up below, then enter your link in the Rafflecopter form for 10 more entries to win $60 in Paypal cash or a voucher from either Amazon or Modcloth! You can get 5 more entries for tweeting about the Christmas Spectacular too.

Christmas Spectacular


take care,



10 comments:

  1. I have to agree with the ladies who like the smell of freshly baked cookies. Make me hungry though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite Christmas smell is a fresh Christmas tree. It makes the whole house smell amazing.


    Jaclyn


    teacupsandcake.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can only imagine how heavenly that smells! Never had a real tree before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I think that's why I've cheated and bought some. Fingers crossed we'll both attempt them some day :) I'm still hoping to do them this year. It just sounds a little annoying because you have to prepare the dough one day and refrigerate overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! I must admit I had to nibble on a cookie or two while writing this post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the feature, dear girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly10 December 2013 at 09:56

    I don't know if I have ever made gingerbread cookies now that I think about it. I do like them though. Although it's not strictly Christmasy I like the smell of vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i haven't ever been into the gingerbread thing... but i know in november, i'm all about pumpkin everything. hmm maybe i'd like it. i've actually never tried anything else that was gingerbread flavored

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Toni! I wish you lived nearer I could make you some! Last year, I got a gingerbread tree making kit and I've been addicted to making gingerbread trees ever since. I love the smell, the texture and the taste of gingerbread ... I love it all! It's definitely my favourite festive flavour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe, I'll be attempting to make them on Christmas Eve. Wish me luck that I don't burn the house down. I managed to scare my flatmates once while I was burning, errr, boiling water. Seriously, it was crazy how high the flames and steam suddenly went. It looked like a mini geyser. >_< I was banned from the kitchen for a little while!

    ReplyDelete