Thursday, 21 November 2013

Happy Tunes For A Happy Heart


Okay, I'll sheepishly admit it. I discovered some pretty great new music, all thanks to my Tom Hiddleston fangirl-ing. Yes, I am as red as a beet right now as I'm writing this.

Anyway, thanks to a song that was mentioned by Mr. "Burdened with Glorious Purpose" via Twitter (Rafstraumur is Icelandic for electric current. You're welcome.), combined with the magic of Spotify, I've discovered a whole new host of songs and artists that have made my heart so happy the past few days. I hope you'll like them as much as I have.

Checking Things Off A To-Do List Early In The Morning by Lullatone
Lullatone, where have you been all my life? Their songs are probably meant for children, but they are mostly upbeat and just... happy!



Jungle Drum by Emiliana Torrini
I could have sworn it was used in an ad for iPhone. Was it?



Such Great Heights by Iron & Wine
Taking things a little slower now. This guy's voice is so soothing.



Love Will Take You by Angus & Julia Stone
All together now! Awwww...



Mambo by amiina
These guys sound like Lullatone, but a little less cutesy. I think.


Which songs make you happy?

take care,

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I do :) I'm totally loving it. I normally just listen to pop, so all of the songs I mentioned in my post are quite new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly22 January 2014 at 13:54

    I'm not sure I'm feeling the Iron & Wine song here, but I do like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIHaNh3jRXg Even still I have to be in a certain mood to listen to it. I'm not normally much of a slow music personl. I can't even finish listening to it right now because I want something peppy lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the melody and the line, "They will see us waving from such great heights". Makes me feel hopeful. :) Hehe, and yes, I love that song... I discovered it from the Twilight soundtrack... *sheepish grin*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly22 January 2014 at 23:41

    That is a hopeful line. Haha I first heard it in that movie too. Not my favorite movie ever, but there are some good songs in it. :)

    ReplyDelete