Saturday, 19 October 2013

29 at 29: Things I'm Grateful For


Today, I am 29 years old. I have lived approximately 2/5 of my life. It's been good. It's been bad. I have learned a lot of things, and I still continue to learn every day. Fingers crossed for the years to come, fingers crossed that there will be plenty more years to come.

For today, I'd like to take a good look at my life. I want to be thankful for everything I have, and anything and anyone that has been part of my life. In no particular order, except for number 1.

1. My mother. For everything.
2. My health. That I am whole and able.
3. Anyone who ever gave me a chance, a break, a leg-up. You are stars.
4. For my job, and the things it has taught me.
5. The clothes on my back.
6. My proxy parents. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
7. The roof over my head. Access to clean, running water.
8. My grandparents. For giving me the best mother in the world.
9. Anyone who has ever made me cry. For eventually making me stronger, and teaching me about the reality of life.
10. My education. 
11. My father. For teaching me the kind of father I want for my future children.
12. Food on the table.
13. The beautiful sights I have seen in the world.
14. For having the ability to get through tough times.
15. The great teachers I had. For nurturing my interests, and inspiring me to do better.
16. The rest of my family. Thank you for the memories, the support, the love.
17. My extraordinary experiences.
18. Anyone who has ever helped my mother and I. My heartfelt thanks.
19. My friends, past and present. For making my life richer.
20. My exes. For teaching me about love, and for helping me find out the attributes of my ideal relationship.
21. For every opportunity I have ever had.
22. For my abilities and talents, even though I fail to recognise and celebrate them, and tend to belittle them.
23. For the ability to acknowledge my faults, and hopefully one day, the strength to turn them all around.
24. For the kind, proactive people in the world. Thank you for making a difference.
25. The bosses that challenged and coached me. Thank you for helping me form my work ethic.
26. The pretty, unnecessary things that I own.
27. My pets, past and present. For starting off my lessons in unconditional love. 
28. For anything else that I may have taken for granted.
29. Every new day given to me on this earth. Thank you.

take care,

5 comments:

  1. What a great list Toni...and Happy Happy Birthday to you!


    PS Love every tweak to you design more than the last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa! :D hehe yeah have to do a fix every now and then, still a few more to do that I keep forgetting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this list. Grateful people make my heart happy, therefore you make my heart happy :)
    Hope you birthday was everything you wished it would be!

    ReplyDelete