Monday, 9 September 2013

Profile of an Introvert

I don't normally believe in personality tests. How can a test tell me who I am, by only asking me a few questions? I mean, what if I thought I had to put in the answers that someone else wanted to hear (for example, at a job interview)? Also, my answers could be greatly affected by how I'm feeling at that moment.

So I was a little hesitant to do today's post for Blogtember, which asked us to take this one. It looked short, and it was free, so I went on ahead. I must admit, at the end of it, I felt like I had been nicely summed up in a nutshell - with some minor objections.

The result I got was: ISFJ (Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging). No idea what that means, however I do agree that I am an introvert. I've paraphrased some of the explanations for my personality type below and added my 2 cents:

1. Often underappreciated - at home, work or play. Ironically, because they are reliable and loyal. - Yes and no. I get a lot of praise at work. True for most of my past romantic relationships.

2. Pleasant and reliable as employees, harried and uncomfortable as supervisors. 
- Very true. I used to be in retail management for a few years, and I was constantly stressed and rushing around like a lunatic. Now that I am no longer in charge of anyone but myself, I'm like the zen master.

3. Possessive of loved ones... must learn to adjust and not interpret others' actions as rejection.
I... I got nothing. Nothing but shame!

4. Take infinite trouble over meals, gifts, celebrations.
This is very true. And damnit I expect it back!

5. Has few, close friends - extremely loyal.
- Quality over quantity all the time.

6. Hates confrontation.
Au contraire. I uh, normally start them.

7. Unable to hide distress. Cannot articulate problems due to good manners.
- Yes, my emotions tend to be plastered all over my face. But I will not tell you that I urgently need to go to the bathroom, because my mama brought me up to be a polite little lady.

Kidding aside, some of the explanations for my personality type made me step back and take a really good look at myself. Looks like these types of tests do have uses after all.


Sept. 9 Blogtember topic: Take this short personality test and respond to your results. 

Want to participate in Blogtember? Click on the button below!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I got these results...

    INFJ

    Introvert(100%) iNtuitive(25%) Feeling(50%) Judging(78%)

    You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
    You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
    You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)



    Sounds fairly accurate for the most part...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you click on the... can't remember what it was called lol. But here's the explanation for your type just in case you didn't see it: http://typelogic.com/infj.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda Papenfus Eatherly1 December 2013 at 19:55

    I didn't take that particular one, but I took a different one at one point and got INFJ which a video I watched on it referred to as "nature's psychologists". I guess that's fitting since I'm pursuing an MA in counseling psychology.

    ReplyDelete