Monday, 16 September 2013

A Public Love Letter

My Dearest Friend,

It's been such a long time. Where do I even begin?

You come across my mind from time to time, there's no doubt about that. Even until now.

I would think of you when I have some great news to share, because there's no one else I'd want to share it with but you. Sometimes I'd be lost in thought, about life in general, and then I'd recall something you had once said to me. At other times, it happens when I see something that reminds me of you.

And of course, there were the times that I just wanted to hear your voice.

It doesn't happen as often as it used to, and the pain has eased with time. It hasn't gone away though.

I wish I could know why. But I guess it's pointless to argue now.

At least I can still look back. At least I still have those wonderful memories, of us growing up together.

I can only wish that sometimes, you'd remember them too, and still think of me fondly.

I miss you.





Sept. 16 Blogtember topic: Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)

Want to participate in Blogtember? Click on the button below!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a friendship I have - or miss. Sad when friends grow apart!

    ~ christina from polka dot heart ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I could write this exact letter to someone I know.

    Thanks for linking up in Polka Dot Heart's Sunday Social Blog Hop! Hope to see you this week as well.

    chevrons&anchors.

    ReplyDelete