When the time comes that I have my own family, I would love to have some of the qualities that my mother has. To me, my mother is like Wonder Woman. She can do everything, withstand anything. I would love for my kid to look up to me like I do to my mother. Here's just a few of her sterling traits that I'd love to have for myself:
1. She never loses her sense of humour. Even in the face of adversity, she can still laugh and smile.
2. She's great with money. Whereas I'm terrible. She never spends beyond her means, doesn't live from pay cheque to pay cheque.
3. She's learned to like the simple pleasures in life. I guess that's tied in with her being financially savvy. I still find it hard to believe that when she was in her teens and early 20s, she used to be extravagant when it came to clothes and accessories.
4. She's the most resilient person I know. Life has thrown her quite a few punches, but she always manages to bounce back from all of it. She's the strongest, bravest woman I know.
5. She's a super safe driver. Well, I did get my license late...
6. She holds no grudges. She can lose her temper pretty quick, but ask her the next day why she was mad at you and she wouldn't even remember.
7. She's the best friend anyone could ask for. She tells you what you need to hear, when you need to hear it.