Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Top 10 Tuesday: Books I'm Excited To Read in 2012!

Hey guys, how's everyone's new year going so far? All good I hope! This week's Top Ten Tuesday asks for the books we're excited to read for 2012. Here's a few books coming out this year that I'm really looking forward to:

1. Saved by Cake by Marian Keyes - coming 16th February. I know I should be dubious, but have you seen the cover? Sophie Dahl, Gwyneth Paltrow, and now Marian Keyes? Now that we have a model, an actress and an author, all we need is a singer to write their own cookbook. Unless there's already one that I'm not aware of? Either way, I've already pre-ordered my copy from bookdepository.com. Will let you know how it goes!

2. City of Dragons by Robin Hobb - coming 23rd February. I have been waiting 2 years for this book! I'm so excited!

3. Among Others by Jo Walton - coming 12th March. Just found out now that it's only new to paperback, but meh. That counts too.


4. Above by Leah Bobet - coming 1st April. Reading this one as part of the young adult Debut Author Challenge. The book blurb reminded me a little of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. If you've read Neverwhere you might understand why.


5. Insurgent by Veronica Roth - coming 1st of May. I enjoyed Divergent immensely. May has never seemed so far away. How gay. Wouldn't you say?


6. The Twelve by Justin Cronin - coming 30th August. Have you read The Passage yet? If you haven't, hop on to it. It's a bit slow going at the beginning, but keep persevering and you will be greatly rewarded.

And here are some books I'm planning on reading this year that have been out for a while:

7. One of Our Thursdays is Missing by Jasper Fforde - Thursday Next is one of my favourite heroines. She's smart, funny, has a pet dodo named Pickwick, and she can travel through books.

8. The Art of Travel by Alain de Botton - I'm reading this one as part of my Something New Reading Challenge. Have you signed up yet? ;)


9. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa - from my lovely Broke and Bookish Secret Santa Orly over at Miscellania. I was so excited to get this book for Christmas!


10. The Woman in Black by Susan Hill - I try to avoid horror books and movies at all costs. But Daniel Radcliffe is in this movie. I think the Harry Potter fan girl in me refuses to face the fact that the HP series is over. So I want to read the book before I watch the movie, which comes out in February/March for the rest of the world, and no release date for New Zealand yet. Hopefully, when I watch the movie I don't end up yelling "Expecto Patronum!!!" when a ghost appears.

With that, I shall leave you with the ├╝ber creepy trailer for The Woman in Black.



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers will answer, and everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget on their post so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists!

10 comments:

  1. I’m a writer, book lover, and your newest blog follower! My blog is Life of Lois Feel free to stop on by.

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I see that you're reading 'Daughter of the Forest' at the moment. Juliet Marillier is my favourite author! I hope that you love it!!!

    I haven't read any of Jasper Fforde's books yet, but 'The Eyre Affair' is in my TBR pile!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. #8 and #10 both look really good! I'm interested to read your reviews when you are done. Perhaps I will add them to my TBR shelf for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty excited for Insurgent as well, since Divergent was one of my favorite reads of 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a creepy trailer...I'll have to see this one too...but I'll have to read the book first ;) just added it to my WishList.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Woman in Black looks interesting - can't wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Above sounds really great. And yes, May seems very far away for Insurgent :)

    Hope you enjoy all of these books this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really really need to read Divergent! And I also can not wait for The Twelve!!! Loved The Passage!!

    And I just recently got my hands on The Iron King...can't wait to begin that series! Thanks for visiting My Teaser

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Woman in Black trailer is creepy. I saw it at the theater the other day. I've wanted to pick up some Alain Botton for a while and The Art of Travel looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Woman in Black trailer is scary- but fascinating. Thanks for sharing it here! I hadn't seen the trailer before. Now I want to read the book!!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete