Sunday, 22 January 2012

Entwined by Heather Dixon

Rating: 4 out of 5 chocolates




I love, love, love faerytales. I know, I've said it many times, but I can't help saying it over and over again. I love faerytales!!! Entwined was one princess faerytale that I immensely enjoyed.

Entwined by Heather Dixon. Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it. The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation. Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest. But there is a cost. The Keeper likes to "keep" things. Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.


I felt that the imagery in this book was just right. Dixon explored the enchanted castle just so - not too many details, but enough so that the reader's imagination can run wild.

No matter how numerous the supporting characters were, it never got too confusing, nor annoying, because they all had unique and distinct personalities. It was a pleasure to read about how Azalea interacted with her eleven sisters. The main villain, The Keeper, was just fantastically evil (I do so love a good villain!).

The only thing I didn't like about it was, well, the amount of dancing. I mean, surely, no one could love dancing that much, that they'd even put themselves in danger, just to be able to dance for a few hours?

Who would I recommend this to? Disney Princess fans.

8 comments:

  1. I loved this one too...the imagery was so beautiful throughout! But yes...who loves to dance that much? lol

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see a blog post on your ten favorite fairy tales and why you love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh now there's an idea! Thanks Amy :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh yeah I'm a Disney Princess fan :) I'm adding this one to my wishlist.
    Have you read Cinder by Marrisa Meyer? ... a cyborg Cinderella and such a fun read!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have! It was fun to read, though I do have some reservations about it. I should really get around to writing a review for it. ^_^

      Delete
  4. This book sounds wonderful! I'm definitely going to get to this one soon. I'm so behind with my reading lately and it's because life has been busy.

    PS - Toni I need to ask you a favour? Are you able to go to your Dashboard to where all your followed blog posts come up, click on my blogs name and see if it is showing the most recent posts? I've had a bit of trouble with this lately and for some reason it's been showing all my old blog posts with the original name that it used to go by which was Read With Me. Anyway if you get a chance and can check it for me, that would be great!

    Thanks heaps!

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review - I'm going to have to check this one out for myself, it seems as though you really enjoyed it! I absolutely adore the cover too! Thanks for sharing. I hope your next read is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has been in my wishlist like, uh, forever! :-)

    ReplyDelete