Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies


No, your eyes were not deceiving you. It's a cookie in a cookie. A friend from high school shared this recipe with me. She found it on Picky Palate. They don't take too long to make, and are pretty easy to bake as well.


I heard back from a job I've applied for, and found out they've scheduled me in for an interview on Thursday, so now I'm nervous as hell. I felt really stressed, so I thought I'd empty out my mind by keeping it busy. So I cranked up Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief on audio and started up the electric mixer.

The recipe says it makes 2 dozen large cookies, but I normally only end up with 14. My ice cream scooper must be too big. *shrug* This one takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes from prep to finish.


The recipe didn't specify which chocolate chips to use, but I normally use dark chocolate. If you choose to use milk chocolate, I'd recommend using less sugar, otherwise you can't really taste the chocolate flavour.


I must say, scooping up cookie dough and sandwiching the Oreos between them was fun. Reminded me a little of making mudpies.


They're truly huge. I kept mine slightly round and didn't flatten them as much. I think these were about 2 inches wide and thick.


The recipe says to bake them for about 9-13 minutes, but I guess since mine were really thick, they were only slightly golden after 15 minutes.


YUM. Hopefully I'll end up in a cookie coma and forget about how nervous I am.

1 comment: