Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Top 10 Tuesday: Books I'd Love To Give For Christmas

How's the Christmas shopping going everyone? This year, a lot of people are getting hand-made presents from me, as I've been bitten by the craft bug. Well, that, and having no source of income tends to bring out my creativity. So, this week's top ten fits me just fine.


1. Divergent by Veronica Roth - review coming. This one probably makes it to the top ten books I enjoyed this year (which I believe is the top ten topic in 2 weeks time). I would love to give this to my bestfriend Ridma. We tend to enjoy the same books, so I'm pretty sure a follow up dystopian book wouldn't go amiss. I introduced her to The Hunger Games and she was hooked!


2. Little Book of Calm by Paul Wilson - my mother has been a bit stressed out lately. I think this'll help.


3. O'Brien's Collecting Toy Cars & Trucks by Karen O'Brien - my mother's bestfriend has an INSANELY HUGE collection of die cast toy cars and scale trucks. Hundreds. Hundreds I tell you!


4. Hallowed by Cynthia Hand - unfortunately isn't out until next year. My friend Courtney has been dying to read the second book in the series.


5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I want to give this to my friend Jade. She's introduced me to a few good series and I'd like to return the favour.


6. Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness - book 2 of the All Souls Trilogy. I'd like to give this to Melissa over at Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf. Unfortunately, not out until July.


7. The Last Dragon Slayer by Jasper Fforde - I'd love to give this to Nancy over at Simple Clockwork. She recently blogged about liking dragons, and I've just finished reading this book. It was highly enjoyable. Jasper Fforde is a genius, and this one's going to be a series to boot!


8. City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers - I want to give this to my friend Tyler because it's written by my most favourite author, and I think he might appreciate the wacky wonderfulness of it.


9. The Hypnotist by Lars Kepler - my grandpa enjoyed The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, I think he might like this one too.


10. Harry Potter: Page to Screen by Bob McCabe - the thing is, every time I go Christmas shopping, I buy more stuff for me than presents. Guess who this one's for then?





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers will answer, and everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget on their post so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists!

5 comments:

  1. Love your number 10! I seem to have the same bad habit...for every gift I buy I seem to find two things that I "need" lol I haven't read Divergent but everyone seems to love it...so I put it on my TBR...I've only started reading a bit of YA this past few months but I adored The Hunger Games (I need to pick up Catching Fire!) I'm listening to Delerium now...still not sure what I think...

    And yes I am dying to get my hands on Shadow of Night! That and The Twelve by Justin Cronin are must buys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved Divergent! It's on my gift list too. Here is the rest of my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-H0

    ReplyDelete
  3. With everyone who's stressed around the holidays it's a wonder that The Little Book of Calm doesn't make the NYTimes best seller list. lol

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love there's The Little Book of Calm in there

    P/s I'm your new follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm a new follower via Goodreads Blogger Lift, stopping by to say 'hi'.

    ReplyDelete