Thursday, 10 November 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Rating: 5 out of 5 chocolates


I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed reading this book. As the ratings I have go up to a 5, that's as high as I can go, but The Hunger Games deserves so much more than that. It was such a thrilling, roller-coaster ride of a read. There's something in it for everyone - action, drama, a love triangle, a bit of gore, even some one-liners that will make you chuckle.


I know this isn't much of a review, but I just feel like I can't do it any justice with my ramblings. All I can say is, this is one of the best books I have ever read. Ever. With that said, I'll be leaving you with the book blurb:


"In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. 

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love." - from bookdepository.com

5 comments:

  1. I am about 80% done with the audiobook of this and am loving it more than IO expected! Can't wait for the commute home from work to hear the next few chapters!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a great read...and one of the best YA books I've ever read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably one of the best books I have ever read. Collins is an amazing writer and her story is just brilliant.

    I completely understand that it left you speechless ;). Did you read the whole series?

    Anne (from Living in a Fairy World)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Hunger Games (and the trailer tonight made me die a little inside!!)
    I found your blog on a Goodreads Blogger thread, and I really like your blog so I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Toni, thanks for the review, glad you liked it so much. I have only recenlty bought this, and can't wait to read it.
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete