Friday, 25 November 2011

the 2012 something new reading challenge.


I can't believe 2011 is nearly over! Feels as if I had just been trying frantically to stick with my New Year's resolutions... and now it's time to start thinking up new ones (since I crashed and burned this year, heehee).

One thing I've always wanted to do was broaden my reading range. So I've decided that 2012 is the year that I'll be introducing myself to new genres, and to make it more fun, I'd like to invite you guys to join me!

Each month, I’ll be reading at least one book from a different genre. However, you don't have to follow the genres I'm doing. You can come up with your own schedule. Just to give you an idea, this will be my reading challenge for 2012:

January – self help
February – romance
March – sociology
April – historical fiction
May – crime
June – humour
July – classics
August – reference
September – travel writing
October – horror
November – science
December – autobiography/biography

If you'd like to know more, simply click on the 'something new reading challenge' tab or on the banner above this post. There you'll find the guidelines, sign up linky, button, FAQs and a suggested genre list.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Toni! I'm joining your 2012 something new reading challenge! :-) I already made my post about it. Unfortunately, I entered the wrong Title in the Linky part. Is there a way I could correct it and change it to Nancy @ Simple Clockwork? Thanks for this exciting initiative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How interesting! Sounds like an exciting challenge! Best of luck!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great challenge...I don't think that I am diverse enough for it though!!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi toni! what a great idea!!! i'm joining you on this challenge :)

    http://theymaysaythatimadreamer.blogspot.com/

    dottie

    ReplyDelete