1. Coraline by Neil Gaiman - being a fan of Neil Gaiman, this was a definite must add to the list for Halloween reads.
2. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - this book has made it to another list yet again! Started off really creepy.
3. The Strain by Guillermo del Toro - I got goosebumps on my goosebumps on the first chapter alone.
4. The Alchemaster's Apprentice by Walter Moers - not exactly scary, but it has the right elements: bats, Ugglies (like witches), and a talking cat. Walter Moers is a genius and my favourite author.
5. The Passage by Justin Cronin - read it!
6. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - chase the legend of Dracula from a mysterious manuscript.
7. Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist - little vampire girl moves in next door. Creepy.
8. The Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko - jam-packed with action.
9. Dracula by Bram Stoker - an oldie but a goodie.
10. One Foot Wrong by Sofie Laguna - not a horror, but I was definitely disturbed by this one.
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers will answer, and everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget on their post so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists!