Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Top 10 Tuesday: Perfect Halloween Reads

In no particular order... 
1. Coraline by Neil Gaiman - being a fan of Neil Gaiman, this was a definite must add to the list for Halloween reads. 

2. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs - this book has made it to another list yet again! Started off really creepy.

3. The Strain by Guillermo del Toro - I got goosebumps on my goosebumps on the first chapter alone.

4. The Alchemaster's Apprentice by Walter Moers - not exactly scary, but it has the right elements: bats, Ugglies (like witches), and a talking cat. Walter Moers is a genius and my favourite author.

5. The Passage by Justin Cronin - read it!

6. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - chase the legend of Dracula from a mysterious manuscript.

7. Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist - little vampire girl moves in next door. Creepy.

8. The Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko - jam-packed with action.

9. Dracula by Bram Stoker - an oldie but a goodie.

10. One Foot Wrong by Sofie Laguna - not a horror, but I was definitely disturbed by this one.


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list that one of their bloggers will answer, and everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget on their post so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists!

5 comments:

  1. I really want to read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children! I've heard so many good things about it. I've also never read Dracula but have always wanted to.

    Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

    www.storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been debating back and forth with myself about whether or not to read The Historian for a long time. I guess I just need to jump in and give it a shot.
    JNCL
    The Beauty of Eclecticism

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dracula made my list too! I really need to read The Night Watch as it's been on my to be read pile for years.

    My top ten is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children was so good - should have included it on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never read Dracula or Frankenstein. I really must. But I am so afraid of being spooked the death. The Night Circus sounds good and spooky, too. Wonderful review of that book!

    Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete